Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Since We All Seem to be Revealing Vices...


Since Sinkford P. Chicken has come out of the closet with his impossibly nerdy admission of a Star Wars toy fetish, I thought I would come clean with my three obsessions. I collect almost anything pertaining to Blade Runner, Nightmare on Elm Street and, most ridiculously, RoboCop.

I have purchased a full Robo suit and am currently refinishing it. It has cost thousands, this retarded collection of mine. The photo above is my mouth photoshopped into a robo picture. That is how bad it is, it's gotten to the photoshop stage.

My Blade Runner collection includes books signed by Syd Mead, Ford autos, the glass he used in his apartment, his gun, kits of the car, lobby cards, etc. Nightmare was really bad in my youth... i had countless gloves, cards, sweaters, hats, autographs, toys... sticker albums, etc.

But Robo is becoming the maddest of them all. I will have the full costume. Anyone else got this madness in them?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sinkchicken said...

Wow, sounds like you just blew a load off your chest! (yeah I know that's a mixed metaphor, so sue me!) Betcha it feels good, don't it?

All I can say though is ye shu'nt a thrown them stones at me since you too live in a glass house! And whereas my hobby is nerdish, yours feels a bit like you're stalking the movies themselves!

But I like. I appreciate and admire the obsessiveness of it all. Keep it up even if it ruins you and you end up carting all this memorabilia around in your rusty shopping cart looking for a warm place to sleep for the night and anything, anything to help you ease the pain of existence!

2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Maybe you should be "Robo Monkey".

Very cool collection. Can you post a pic of you in your Robo suit once you're done?

Here's something else for your collection:

http://www.toytokyo.com/productImages/3322_1.jpg

and here is an early valentine's card:

http://treetrybe.com/imm/images/tinsign.jpg

7:23 p.m.  
Blogger JJJorgensen said...

So you have seen my Farscape Toys and know of my love for PumpkinHead with Lance Henricksen. Petter Weller--I love him, too!!!!

Bladerunner best sci-fi ever.

Although I do hold a twisted love for Dune--Sting in a metal jock got to love it!!!

Fear is the mindkiller, jj

9:57 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

i hated pumpkinhead 2 bloodwings... though it did have kane hodder (jason 7,8,9,10) without makeup...

kat... awesome, thanks! bender is the bomb! and monkey robo! ha ha ha! maybe i'll put up a few in progress pics...

4:32 p.m.  
Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

Glad you like them.

4:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home