Saturday, February 03, 2007

Of Sonnets and Solitude.

interesting, sometimes, this:
Valentine's day coming up? Right? Yes? Okay.

I'm getting a little weary of the whole set-up thing. At first, a bit of a rush as you feel you are doing your cherubic best at cupid's bidding, but that wears on fast, and then you see what the situation is truly meant to do, decimate your hope for humanity.

I brunged two peeps together many moons ago, and recently I enquired as to how it was going. So, naturally, I asked the little miss, protocol in situations such as these. But, I was met with a situation I find almost consistent in situations such as these.

She clams up if she likes someone, like she's trying to hide a coke habit. Short, terse responses, and immediate deflections.

As in:

"hey, ...you get so-and-so's message?"

"um, yea- hey, are you still a drunk?"

Alas, broken be my heart. An honest and heart-felt query, met with the bedside manner of a KGB spook.
And, why do Valentine sonnets read aloud like Pirate banter? See for your damn self, I'm busy sulking. Alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Hey Monkey,

I'm trying to organize an anti-Valentine's day- you in?

Hugs,
~Ange

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

hmmm... i think i got a date, maybe...

4:58 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home