Friday, July 28, 2006

Dino-mite!

I just got back from the American Museum of Natural History in NYC. That place always freaks me out.
Since I’m art directing an IMAX film about dinos I went and got the VIP tour and was allowed to touch some pretty rare fossils. I spent some time with Mick Ellison, the fantastic paleo artist, who I got along with like gangbusters. Turned out we both did a reconstruction of Mei Long at the same time for different publications, AND we both are proud owners of giant squid parts! Great guy. Then I went to maxilla and mandible and got to touch even more bones and weird shit. They have a wooly rhino skull, how cool is that? Huh? Not so much? What about a blue whale penis bone? Getting hot?
Then I went out and had a few drinks. Hey, it's frigging New York, what am I supposed to do, go to a church? Funny thing about NYC is ya never feel insignificant there. When you go to places like Toronto or L.A., you always feel like some dude's telling a joke and you are the punch line. Not so much in New York... I guess that's why the folks, they like it. Gonna grab some Joe and get to work. Dinosaurs don't design they-selves, ya know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sinkchicken said...

Damn, I'll have to tell all my friends in LA and Toronto that you're onto our little joke we've been keeping going all these years, of which you are, as you have discovered, the punchline! Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. (but I knew we should have made New York get in on it too! Damn it!)

11:23 a.m.  
Blogger Sinkchicken said...

Hey wait a sec!!!! Are you admitting you touched cock? And that is was whale cock to boot?

11:23 a.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

yes, that 'is was' whale cock.

5:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home