Friday, December 09, 2005

Clarity is Wrong, but Plagiarism, Not So Wrong.

Another interesting conversation was had with a friend (nameless, of course, unless he follows through with his blog intentions) about blogging in general, readership, promotion, accepting critisizm and the imbibement of copious amounts of alcohol. The results are copied below.

Somehow, he managed to be complimentary and call me a plagiarist all within the same breath. The beautiful bastard.

Read. It's easier for me to post conversations had on MSN rather than type anything meaningful. Otherwise, this blog would quickly erode toward a quagmire of women's breasts, penis humor and copied recipes from old cookbooks my mother has lying around. Who needs that? I'm here to enlighten.

Some items/statements were edited for clarity. For instance, all the stuff about me being hung like a horse was incorrect, so I edited that. The correct term was 'Hung like a rhino'.

Today's entertainment:

‘Yours truly' says:
Gonna do a blog?

'He' says:
I’m thinkin' of it, though you've set the bar pretty high.

‘He’ says:
Not sure I could be as surly/funny as you...I could go for something different of course, but still, you come off as a professional in many respects (not that I read all that many blogs...but still...I have done some reading in my lifetime)

‘Yours truly' says:
Eh?

‘Yours truly' says:
What? I suck, sir.

‘Yours truly' says:
Nobody reads it!

‘He’ says:
Then I have no critical faculties.

‘He’ says:
And you should stop listening to anything I say other than sheer facts.

‘Yours truly' says:
Your 'facts' are a skewed as your grip on reality; I won't be heeding them any time soon.

‘He’ says:
I find it witty, funny, creative

‘He’ says:
Angry

‘He’ says:
When u say nobody reads it, how would people find out about it anyway? How is it promoted?

‘Yours truly' says:
It is not promoted. Therein lies my complaint, I suppose. When one doesn't have a front man besides a pixilated simian, I guess one shouldn't bank on an audience. …why does no-one listen to the pixilated primates?

‘He’ says:
Because there are still too many living ones in the world...soon there will not be. You should tag buses and metro interiors with an advert.

‘Yours truly’ says:
Perhaps you have a point. I could accost strangers and threaten them to 'read it or else'?
At this rate, pixilation will be a thing of the past. Everything is too clear. Clarity is wrong.

‘Yours truly' says:
I don't want to know what anyone is thinking, ever.

‘Yours truly' says:
I’d rather assume, and accept the ensuing fisticuffs.

‘He’ says:
So funny that you’ve gone for this monkey/sock monkey thing...that fisticuffs thing sounds like something right out of the maakies (the more adult version of the sock monkey character by the same creator)

‘He’ says:
Maakies

‘Yours truly' says:
I see. (At this point i broke into silent tears, the hint of plagiarism rising in my craw like bile.)

‘He’ says:
Don’t worry, I know you're not a copycat, just pointing out the remarkable similarity...and this guy, raging alcoholic from what I understand, is respected for his work.

‘He’ says:
So you just need to drink more.

‘He’ says:
Then people will love...er...respect you.

‘He’ says:
(Fear you?)

‘Yours truly' says:
Loathe.

‘Yours truly' says:
Loathe, but still buy me drinks. Mainly to appease my rampaging temperance.

‘He’ says:
Or that, that could happen.

‘Yours truly' says:
It could, that. I’d also like them to love me for being human.

‘He’ says:
HAHAHA!

‘Yours truly' says:
Yeah, what the hell was I thinking... ass-hat.

‘Yours truly' says:
It’s good to be king.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I am so not going to MSN with you anymore, for fear of having it repeated here....

2:34 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

bu hu hu ha ha. actually, i ask first.

only if the conversation is bizarre do i post it.

2:39 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home