Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Response to my NDP MNA

Today I recieved an email from my NDP representative to gear up for the election in January due to the non-confidence motion in the House of Commons. At first I responded "Are you cracked in the head?!!?", but then I realized I should pehaps elaborate a bit more succinctly and drafted the response below.

I have no interest in going to the polls this winter. Sir, If you show up at my door, I'll take your hand only to draw you closer for a swift knee to the groin. Please take note, as I have sharp, well-honed kneecaps.



Reproduced here for your pleasure, in it's entirety:

"sir-

currently, I am upset of the arrogance of both the Conservatives, Bloc and the NDP that they would waste our tax dollars and holidays over this vote. As imperfect as it was, the government was functioning to my satisfaction. This kind of self-aggrandizing grandstanding does not sit well with me.

So I will vote liberal, and pray for their minority. If Harper wins the vote, egg on all of our faces. I could live with sleeping with the Liberals on the budget, but having the NDP sleeping with the Conservatives and Bloc? Shame on all of you for wasting our time.

Sure, the liberals have started doling out cash for votes recently, but it is sheer arrogance to point fingers at them for doing so in the face of a non-confidence, as any seated government would do the same faced with the same dilemma. Cornered, what would a Tory do? Lay back and accept their fate? Parliament does not work because of all this high-school bullying and infighting, and all are implicit.

Harper will quash all of the left-leaning policies we hold dear, and get right into bed with the hawks in the u.s. government. Thanks but no thanks. Plenty was done with the NDP being the swing on all votes, and the budget is proof. Should have stayed the course, but I fear you've run aground this time.

cheers,

moi"

2 Comments:

Blogger Footprint said...

I'm always reminded of that Young Ones epoisode where Neil is admonishing Vivian for writing to his MP even though he's an anarchist. Vivian's reply is classic, "Very well. Then I shall write to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunny Men. Dear, Mister, Echo..."

12:38 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

It might even be more fun if i was an absurdist. ...and fitting, i suppose.

thanks heavens 'kneeing' is not a federal crime.

2:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home