Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Leonard and Steamed Spinach

For steamed spinach, use salt, just a pinch, and be sure to rinse thoroughly. Toss steamed spinach with pressed garlic, fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese.


In a related topic, last night, as I was strolling from my favorite haunt, I had the great fortune to come across one of my personal (though unbeknownst to him) muses, Mr. Leonard Cohen. As I am not one to gush, or even approach someone without an introduction, I merely offered a glance, which was exchanged, and allowed him to continue wresting the gumballs he seemed intent on attaining from the slot-fed contraption he was huddled over. I was stunned by his diminutive size, but oddly, he seemed larger than reality, like no earthly vessel could contain his spirit. He is now old, but he is radiant in that way we can never explain. He wore a hat similar to the image attached. Though I did not want to bother him with my thoughts, I want to thank him for his words.

"There is a crack, a crack, in everything... That's how the light gets in."
No-one else can say so very much with so little.

6 Comments:

Blogger Contra-Chimpdicated said...

To choose from his volumes of truth, what is for me the best of the best lines ever written, and include it so conveniently near the solution to a long-standing culinary stumbling block... Christ! I'm rock hard right now! Oooh! I hide my parted lips behind trembling fingers.

4:35 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

i live to please others. and myself, given there is a lock on the bathroom stall.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Wow! Cool new look!

4:37 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

thanks! i figured i'd change it up a bit (not like i have any readers anymore)

7:43 p.m.  
Blogger DaProkah said...

Mmm steamed spinach recipe sounds gooooood...
Leonard Cohen huh? thass cool. I'm sure he respected you much more than the average gushie

12:47 a.m.  
Blogger Sinkchicken said...

did i ever tell you the story about how when I was 18 and living in small town Ontario (NOT TORONTO JACK ASS!!!) I came here looking for him (the word "stalkin" wasn't in vogue yet) and ended up finding him and kissing his hand? I'm sure I musta....

12:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home