Monday, November 28, 2005

Stereo Instructions for Living

Insert tab 'A' into slot 'B', and all will be right with the world. If ONLY.

My life is currently reading like a set of instructions written by a 12-year-old autistic chinese kid.

The 'slots' are piling up like driftwood, and i don't think I'll ever find the right one before my 'tab' no longer functions properly. It doesn't help that I never follow the instructions in the first place, like a typical 'man', I guess.

Maybe my wires are crossed, or perhaps the magic is gone since i change stereos the moment a new 'slot' is introduced, you can never be sure. Why can't I just be happy with the old 8-track? In retrospect, cd's may be crisper, but I miss the old magic of vinyl... can I get my old records back?

Maybe the right system exists out there, from a different manufacturer or outlet? Compatible with my existing entertainment unit? great sound, the proper slot, excellent tuning, wonderful knobs and no matter what, i always get great feedback when i press the right buttons...

State of the art.

But i never expected them to start adding the 'self-destruct' feature. once that red button winds up in your face, ain't nothin' you can do but PUSH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home