Monday, November 28, 2005

What the Hell is That?!!?

Thursday I have an appointment for a dermatologist conrcerning a bizarre growth on my shoulder. I t has quadrupled in size over the last month and itches profusely. I don't imagine the C-word will come up, but it is weirding me out to no end.

I absolutely dread the Canadian medical system. I've seen too many go past the point of no return waiting for treatment. You see, the 'waiting lists' are artificial here, meaning that you are not waiting in a line up based on how many require treatment, rather a line up based on how much the government is willing to spend on treatment within any given amount of time.

I know fear, and that fear is beaurocracy.

Beds are closed, because the powers that be refuse to fill them. Hospitals are understaffed, because of the same refusal to spend. People die of treatable illnesses because the quota has been filled for that particular quarter. The system is unsustainable, corrupt and bloated, and now I gotta dive in head first.

Beautiful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Footprint said...

It's not a tumor...

1:21 p.m.  
Blogger Blog Monkey said...

personally, i hope i'm growing a newer, and infinitely superior, head.

2:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home